Saturday, April 27, 2013

Wait and the seed shall grow.

There's something to be said about analog hobbies.  Especially ones that don't involve instant gratification.  When I first got into bonsai, I thought it's all about cutting and shaping trees with scissors.  That excited me.  Taking an ugly tree and turning it into something beautiful.  That is not the life of bonsai, and I'm ok with that.  There's something about slow watering a plant and getting away from the keyboard and phone and internet.  Every day I spend 10 minutes watering my plants.  Some days those are the best 10 minutes of my day.  Standing in the sun and listening to the birds chirping, it's very zen to me, and I've been missing that at work, which takes up most of my time.  I wanted to start a blog to keep track of all my trees.  I have been at this for a little over a year now, and it's one of those hobbies that doesn't cost 1000 bucks to get started, and you get sick of it a month later.  There certainly is some testing of my patience from time to time, but It's a good thing and one I've come to accept.  Here is a current picture of my plants. (well most of them)

Loving the spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment